Top 5 Chinese New Year Craft Ideas
5. Crafty Snake Tie from Make and Takes. Although it's a Father's Day gift idea on the Make and Takes website, this would work equally as well as a fun little Chinese New Year craft project!
4. Chinese Paper Lanterns from Jellyfish Jelly (update: Sadly this link is broken. Here's another great paper lantern tutorial from Paper Kawaii using paper cups!). Such a great effect for something so simple to make! They look very pretty hanging up too.
3. Scary Paper Dragons from Naturally Educational. Ah! Oh so scary, oh so simple. Any excuse to put googly eyes on something is also a bonus.
2. Chinese Dragon Puppet from Free Kids Crafts. We absolutely love the effect created here with such simple and easy to find materials. Did you know the dragon is a symbol of power, strength, and good luck in Chinese culture?
1. Toilet Paper Roll Snakes from eighteen25. Again, we can't pass up the chance to stick googly eyes on something. Add that to the fact that this is the perfect excuse to recycle those old toilet rolls and you can't go wrong with this fun-filled craft activity.
Have you tried this? Let us know in the comments below or post your photos to our Facebook Page.
Check out our Eco Gallery Frames! Perfect for schools and families who value their kids’ artwork as well as the environment, they can be easily decorated and proudly display some Chinese New Year artwork for an extra special take-home gift.